Sunday, August 31, 2008

Time and History 1-Heide Fasnacht Exploding Plane 2000 by Na



I am trying to preserve a moment that I can not comprehend. …I am making myself paying attention to something in this movement which is so swift, so momentous and so awesome. Heide Fasnacht said in an interview.(1)


Heide Fasnacht Exploding Plane ( 2000 )

DECRIPTION
•year 2000
•silver-painted Styrofoam and urethane foam
•hung about 12 feet up
•dimensions variable (approx 20' sq)
•Static sculpture

TIME ART
•Freezing Movement
•Visual Pleasure
Destructive power
Invisible scene
•Not emphasis on political or social messages
•Other works of Heide Fasnacht
Explores media that can depict one moment


Useful links:
1. Interview. Heide Fasnacht talks about her inerest on time in her artworks,
http://www.heidefasnacht.com/artistInfo/downloads/downloads/bard2.pdf
------------------------------------------------
I wonder where can I upload powerpoint~ @v@ Anyway, the above are the key points of my presentation.

No comments: